If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?
(Albert Einstein -1879-1955)
These pages introduce major research concepts and steps you may need to become familiar with. It combines workshops notes and resources.
- Reviewing the literature
- Developing the proposal
- Developing the research question
- Assumptions underpinning research
- Theoretical paradigms underpinning research
- Research designs
- Methodologies and methods– the quantitative- qualitative research continuum
- The role of theory in research
- Managing research data using software
- Analysing research data
- Validity in qualitative research
And if you feel you are stuck and wasting your time, why not read