Free online courses
Lynda.com: UC’s subscription to Lynda.com allows access to a wide range of online workshops. This includes workshops on Word, Excel, SPSS and Wordpress.
Coursera online courses: This international platform offers a large variety of free online courses on topics including: writing, statistics, data management and analysis, logic and leadership.
Resources for researchers
- ACSPRI (for workshop program, survey support, data access). UC is member of ASCRPI which enables staff and students to access its courses and services at membership rates. ACSPRI also provides a web survey service.
- Australian Data Archive: a national service for the collection and preservation of digital research data and to make these data available for secondary analysis by academic researchers and other users.
- Australian Postgraduate Writers Network
- Bates resources and guides to support the biology curriculum – includes resources on communicating research, using quantitative reserach tools, laboratory tools and techniques.
- Elseviers’ resources for early career researchers
- Forest Research Tools. Dissertation & thesis writing secrets, tips and guide.
- Getty Scholars’ Workspace, a free collaborative research tool designed for work with digital archival and museum material.
- LSE Impact of Social Sciences
- Patter (research education, academicwriting, public engagement, funding, other eccentricities).
- Sage research methods
- Ready to research : an Open Educational Resource covering most aspects of research and prsented by UK Open University.
- The research whisperer
- The thesis whisperer